Named Access Control List (NACL) - Multiple Levels of Owner

Hi,

I'm trying to make named access control lists work for objects with a nested hierarchy.

I've got some hierarchies of objects as follows:

• budget
    • WBS
      • task

The "budget" object has a "project" property, and under "project" I have a "project manager" (choose from list) and "project team" (choose from list - multi)

Within Budget, I can manage NACL fine - project.projectteam and project.projectmanager

Within WBS, I can manage NACL using owner(budget).project.projectteam and owner(budget).project.projectmanager

Unfortunately when I get to task it all goes wrong... At this level I can get to owner(WBS).owner(budget) - but I can't get to any levels lower than that so I have no way of cascading those permissions.

Is there any way to get m-files to allow resolving further nested objects to determine permissions?

Parents
  • You can use the following registry setting on the computer where M-Files Admin is running to increase the allowed selection depth. Restart M-Files Admin after modifying registry.

Note however that deep references like this are not usually recommended as they may cause performance issues if each change in a property value requires recalculating permissions for a large set of objects which are using that property in their ACL. So proceed with caution and consider how often those team members are changing and how many objects each such change affects (i.e. how many Task, WBS and Budget objects need to have their permissions recalculated with each project team change).

Registry Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Motive\M-Files\<version>\Common
    Value name: PseudoUserHierarchyDepth
    Value type: REG_DWORD (DWORD 32-bit Value)
    Value data: default 3

• You can use the following registry setting on the computer where M-Files Admin is running to increase the allowed selection depth. Restart M-Files Admin after modifying registry.

Note however that deep references like this are not usually recommended as they may cause performance issues if each change in a property value requires recalculating permissions for a large set of objects which are using that property in their ACL. So proceed with caution and consider how often those team members are changing and how many objects each such change affects (i.e. how many Task, WBS and Budget objects need to have their permissions recalculated with each project team change).

Registry Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Motive\M-Files\<version>\Common
    Value name: PseudoUserHierarchyDepth
    Value type: REG_DWORD (DWORD 32-bit Value)
    Value data: default 3

Children
No Data