This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

M-Files User Survey - How are we doing?

So two years ago, we started a journey to refresh our user experience. 

The previous admin team had ventured down a dangerous rabbit hole, full of dozens of manual NACLs, numerous and confusing classes, 100,000 lines of code, numerous questionable properties, and 40+ Super Users all with Common View admin powers....

We've reduced the damage and this month we decided to do a user feedback survey - which interesting comments. 

Notably, users comment on searching is confusing, followed by saving, and then followed by Views. 

Overall this tells me we still have work to do, to simplify the user experience. 

I'm curious what other challenges you may have overcome with user adoption? 

Parents
  • I have found that searching is easy if you know the objects, document classes and properties that exist, but the end-users don't. This means when they go to search or build a view they don't know what "options" they have access to, and its worse if the properties are named poorly, which is what we have done in some cases due to poorly considered translations. 

Aside from this, M-Files has great functionality with the ability to drag and drop, and sometimes users tend to over use this functionality. e.g. dragging and dropping documents on objects - users don't understand that when they do this, the document adopts the metadata of the object. Sometimes this is ok, other times it is not the best outcome.

For me the hardest challenge is that end users do not fully grasp how properties, documents and objects interact. It takes some time to figure out how each of these works. Its vastly different from what they are used to and we have to somehow help them bridge the gap until they have the time to become more competent users. 

• I have found that searching is easy if you know the objects, document classes and properties that exist, but the end-users don't. This means when they go to search or build a view they don't know what "options" they have access to, and its worse if the properties are named poorly, which is what we have done in some cases due to poorly considered translations. 

Aside from this, M-Files has great functionality with the ability to drag and drop, and sometimes users tend to over use this functionality. e.g. dragging and dropping documents on objects - users don't understand that when they do this, the document adopts the metadata of the object. Sometimes this is ok, other times it is not the best outcome.

For me the hardest challenge is that end users do not fully grasp how properties, documents and objects interact. It takes some time to figure out how each of these works. Its vastly different from what they are used to and we have to somehow help them bridge the gap until they have the time to become more competent users. 

Children
No Data