The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Generate 2 documents with one template

Hello there,

Is it possible to generate 2 documents when key in the metadata card in template ?

For instance, I create a document with Work Instruction template. After I filled in all the required information, then M-Files will generate 2 documents (Work Instruction & Work Orders).

Since work orders have few similar properties with Work Instruction, that is why I am thinking on generating 2 docs on the same time with same metadata card template.

This might not be the best practices and I am open to any suggestion or advice.

The goal is these 2 documents will have few similar properties and instead of creating it separately with different template, I am finding ways to generate these documents at the same time.

Or maybe there's a way we can create the second document but the metadata is retrieved from the first document ?