This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Concurrent user limit per vault

Hello All,

I have got a lots of vault and I have got a lots of concurrent user too.
One of my vaults has got too much concurrent user, and I am afraid if all of them log-in at the same time to this vault, other users won't be able to use other vaults, because we will reach our full concurrent licence-limit.

I would like to limit how many concurrent user can log-in to the particular vault in the same time.

Is there any solution for it?

Thank you in advance,

• Hi there, 

How about another approach? With concurrent licenses - those are used up as user logs in to the server, it is not vault specific, at least in On-premise environment - add the automatic logout setting to the HKCU registry of the workstations so that when they do not use the system in some time, they are automatically logged out. 

Setting and testing automatic logout (force.com)

As well with concurrent license users, you need to configure the document vault connections NOT to use automatic login upon startup. 

• I believe you can limit concurrent users per vault with the following steps. Even with these settings, specifying automatic logout like Timo suggested is a good idea to release licenses.

1. Add the following registry entry on the M-Files Server computer to enable vault-specific concurrent licenses:

Key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Motive\M-Files\<Version>\Server\MFServer

Value name

EnableVaultBasedConcurrentLicenses

Value type

DWORD

Description

Enables or disables vault-specific concurrent license limitation.

Valid values

Enables vault-specific concurrent license limitation.

Disables vault-specific concurrent license limitation.

2. Restart the M-Files Server service after changing the value in registry.

3. For limiting number of concurrent license users in the specific vault: 

Key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Motive\M-Files\<Version>\Server\MFServer\VaultOptions\<VaultGUID>

Value name

ConcurrentLicensesLimit

Value type

DWORD

Description

Setting is applied immediately without further actions. In case that limit is lowered, currently logged in users are not automatically forced to log out. Limit is checked only when user logs in to the vault.

• Hi,

Is it possible to configure logout time for web M-Files? (Old and new web)
    Thank you