This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

M-Files Web Access Port 80 used by other system

Hi all,

Would there be any issue if other system in the server is using port 80 ?

We wanted to setup internal web access for M-Files but there is also other system in the server that is using port 80.

• That should work as long as you specify different sites for each application like <subdomain.domain.com>/mfiles and <subdomain.domain.com>/otherapp.

It will not work if you attempt to use HTTPS over RPC which cannot share port 443.

• Hi Karl,

Thank you for the response. However, I have another question.

I have configured as new website. You can see the screenshot below:

The thing is, the URL for M-Files Web is <subdomain.domain.com>. How can I edit the URL so that it will be something like this <subdomain.domain.com>/mfiles

So that, we can also access other app with similar URL <subdomain.domain.com>/otherapp as mentioned by you.

I am afraid that I might overlooked some configuration.

• You need to add each of those sites either as separate sites in IIS or as virtual directories under the default website. In the screenshot below I can access localhost, localhost/classic and localhost/test as 3 different sites. Notices that the content of Test in this case needs to be in the folder G:\demo\logs\test.

• Hi Karl,

Thanks. I just add the new site as virtual directories under the default website and now it is working as expected.