is there a way to add notes (e.g. notes from a call) to a customers file? i tried it with adding an activity but it doesnt allow more than a few characters in the textfield.

i tried it with adding an activity but it doesnt allow more than a few characters in the textfield. 

• Hi Sefija,

That depends on how your vault was set up for you.  M-Files itself is almost completely flexible; whilst that means you can do a lot of things with it, it also means that we can't really guess exactly how your vault is configured.

I would suggest you reach out to your partner to show them what you want to do and ask how it can be done.  It may be that something already exists in the vault that you can utilise, or it may be that they need to help you change the structure to do what you want.

Regards,

Craig.

• Hi Sefia,

As Craig said we can't know how your vault is configured. However, you mentioned a text field that only takes a few characters. If by "a few" you mean 100 characters then that would be a standard text field. It is quite easy to change that to a multiline text field which can take up to 10.000 characters if I remember correctly. If you have admin rights in the vault and know a bit about configuration of M-Files you can easily do this your self. If in doubt you should consult your M-Files reseller before changing anything. There could be cross field dependencies that we are not aware of.

Regards,
    Karl