is there a way to add notes (e.g. notes from a call) to a customers file? i tried it with adding an activity but it doesnt allow more than a few characters in the textfield.

i tried it with adding an activity but it doesnt allow more than a few characters in the textfield. 

Parents
  • Hi Sefia,

As Craig said we can't know how your vault is configured. However, you mentioned a text field that only takes a few characters. If by "a few" you mean 100 characters then that would be a standard text field. It is quite easy to change that to a multiline text field which can take up to 10.000 characters if I remember correctly. If you have admin rights in the vault and know a bit about configuration of M-Files you can easily do this your self. If in doubt you should consult your M-Files reseller before changing anything. There could be cross field dependencies that we are not aware of.

Regards,
    Karl

• Hi Sefia,

As Craig said we can't know how your vault is configured. However, you mentioned a text field that only takes a few characters. If by "a few" you mean 100 characters then that would be a standard text field. It is quite easy to change that to a multiline text field which can take up to 10.000 characters if I remember correctly. If you have admin rights in the vault and know a bit about configuration of M-Files you can easily do this your self. If in doubt you should consult your M-Files reseller before changing anything. There could be cross field dependencies that we are not aware of.

Regards,
    Karl

Children
No Data