objects in Check out status through the API

Hello everyone, I hope someone can help me with the following question. I am trying to make a call to the endpoint of Searching for objects where I want to get all the objects edited today and that are in "Check out".

For this, I am using the internal property p21 last modified, but I don't know the ID to identify the property that indicates the check out. I see in the response of the call a "CheckedOutTo": 0, but I don't know the property ID.

Is it possible to do this search through the endpoint, or would I need to do a validation per record? This is the URL I have been using so far:

miboveda.m-files.com/REST/objects.aspx?p21>>=2024-04-23

Parents Reply Children
  • I'm trying to detect objects that have been checkout by users for a long time so I can force checkin them, and if I expected a similar response to the one you gave me, the most I could do to detect checkout cases was to make a search call using the  p89 "modified object" property since this property changes even when the checkout made unlike the other properties dates that don't always change during the checkout and I finished specifying the search by adding users and classes that I need to make the search more specific.

At the end of the results, I look for CheckedOutTo different from 0 and perform a forced check-in, and it seems to work properly that way.

• Why not create a Vault Extension Method which does the exact search you need via the COM API? You can then call this method via the REST API.

Sounds far more efficient than your current approach.