objects in Check out status through the API

Hello everyone, I hope someone can help me with the following question. I am trying to make a call to the endpoint of Searching for objects where I want to get all the objects edited today and that are in "Check out".

For this, I am using the internal property p21 last modified, but I don't know the ID to identify the property that indicates the check out. I see in the response of the call a "CheckedOutTo": 0, but I don't know the property ID.

Is it possible to do this search through the endpoint, or would I need to do a validation per record? This is the URL I have been using so far:

miboveda.m-files.com/REST/objects.aspx?p21>>=2024-04-23

Parents
  • Object checkout status isn't held as a property value, unfortunately, so you cannot search like that.  Unfortunately I don't think that the REST API directly provides you with an endpoint that you can use to search by the object status.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

• I'm trying to detect objects that have been checkout by users for a long time so I can force checkin them, and if I expected a similar response to the one you gave me, the most I could do to detect checkout cases was to make a search call using the  p89 "modified object" property since this property changes even when the checkout made unlike the other properties dates that don't always change during the checkout and I finished specifying the search by adding users and classes that I need to make the search more specific.

At the end of the results, I look for CheckedOutTo different from 0 and perform a forced check-in, and it seems to work properly that way.

• I'm trying to detect objects that have been checkout by users for a long time so I can force checkin them, and if I expected a similar response to the one you gave me, the most I could do to detect checkout cases was to make a search call using the  p89 "modified object" property since this property changes even when the checkout made unlike the other properties dates that don't always change during the checkout and I finished specifying the search by adding users and classes that I need to make the search more specific.

At the end of the results, I look for CheckedOutTo different from 0 and perform a forced check-in, and it seems to work properly that way.

Children