This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Autogenerate Numbers for Documents

Dear All

Can I have documents that are auto numbered from a certain folder or class. For Eg. Class with Name "Star" has an auto number of "STAR-001", then Class with name "Moon" has an auto number of "Moon-001". Basically each class has a prefix and then the next number. is this possible?

Thank you
Parents
  • I'm researching document sequence numbers for our vault, so I read this thread with great interest. 

I'm not sure if I have the module needed, or if I need to script something...

I think I have a similar question to YST.

I have a Class: Claim 

Class Type: ClaimType

Document Name: << Is there a way that when the document is saved, or is it when the Class Type is chosen the Name populates the next number in the sequence for this? 

Is there any advise on how to set this up, and is a workflow state recommended? 

I don't want to have a property or object to handle this, but I'm unclear if that's possible, seems unlikely - or is this something that a script can check?

• I'm researching document sequence numbers for our vault, so I read this thread with great interest. 

I'm not sure if I have the module needed, or if I need to script something...

I think I have a similar question to YST.

I have a Class: Claim 

Class Type: ClaimType

Document Name: << Is there a way that when the document is saved, or is it when the Class Type is chosen the Name populates the next number in the sequence for this? 

Is there any advise on how to set this up, and is a workflow state recommended? 

I don't want to have a property or object to handle this, but I'm unclear if that's possible, seems unlikely - or is this something that a script can check?

Children
No Data