M-Files Event Log - Dashboarding and Reporting

Hi fellow Admins,

I didn't see this represented in the forums - does anyone do anything with their event log? Any kind of reporting?

I have been asked to run a report of two users' activity over the past few months and I don't know what to do. 

Parents
  • If it is a one time operation you could export the event log and then open it in Excel and filter events. But being able to report activities over the last few months requires that the event log has not been overwritten for that period. That might be the case in a vault with little activity or high settings for the event log size. However, it is most likely that the oldest events have been overwritten long time ago. In that case you will not be able to report as requested. You would have to export the log content regularly before it gets overwritten in order to provide such reports.

• If it is a one time operation you could export the event log and then open it in Excel and filter events. But being able to report activities over the last few months requires that the event log has not been overwritten for that period. That might be the case in a vault with little activity or high settings for the event log size. However, it is most likely that the oldest events have been overwritten long time ago. In that case you will not be able to report as requested. You would have to export the log content regularly before it gets overwritten in order to provide such reports.

Children