M-Files Event Log - Dashboarding and Reporting

Hi fellow Admins,

I didn't see this represented in the forums - does anyone do anything with their event log? Any kind of reporting?

I have been asked to run a report of two users' activity over the past few months and I don't know what to do. 

Parents
  • Hi ,

Request you are having goes into Process Mining space. Basically, you have to do two things:
    1) Export data from M-Files in a proper format (event log format)
    2) Analyse data in order to make conclusions

As we have Process Mining expertise internally, we decided to create an M-Files solution that can export data in appropriate format so it can be analyzed with modern Process Mining tools. Tool is called Process Intelligence Kit and is available in the M-Files Solution Catalog - Process Intelligence Kit | M-Files Catalog

For analysis we've been using ABBYY Timeline and Microsoft Process Advisor (Process Intelligence Kit - Unitfly) but you can use any other tool capable of visualizing log data. 

We have a couple of customers for which we visualized log data so if you would be interested in seeing demonstration, please reach out (ivan.markovic@unitfly.com). As this is published in the Solution Catalog recently, we would also like to hear the feedback and work on some different use cases so we can better understand the value customers might get from the tool. 

• This is fantastic as I didn't know about this mining solution offered by M-Files. I will flag this for our organization so management is aware of this. 

• Hi ssential. I was looking for something similar for Event log reporting purpose. As I read your forum post. I think it might be simillar to my need. So I wanted to ask you if you found a solution that fit your need. 

My goal is to make a report to know, by view, how many access by user are made to know if some views are not accessed and can be improve or deleted.

I was wondering if it would be possible to access the logs using the COM API, but seams we need to use Log exporter, to export in XMLs files, then import it to SQL.

Would you mind sharing what you found so far ? 

• Unfortunately, I left my company six months ago, so I have become out of touch with M files, but I do wish you success, and I would encourage you to reach out as a ticket, so they can meet with you for how your configured and how your event logs are being generated and saved

Reply Children
No Data