This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Managing State Transitions

Hi,

I'm relatively new to M-Files Dev. I have a fairly simple approval workflow but there are two states at which the user can reject the workflow.

I tried to use the State Precondition to only allow the user to move to either the next State or to the Rejected State based upon a Boolean property. So:

• If the user selected Yes then they can move it to the next state.
  • If they selected No they can only move it to the Rejected state.

Works fine using the basic properties until I get further down the workflow, and I have another "gate" State where it can either be a Yes to continue or a No to Reject. If I add the second Boolean property to the Precondition filter neither works, I think because it is now an "AND" statement? 

Hope that makes sense?

I'm looking for the best way to achieve this, also I'm not very good at doing VBScript. Seems a simple concept for a workflow so there must be a best practice method.

Thanks in advance

Parents
  • Have you considered the option to use automatic transition based on conditions rather than manual transition combined with preconditions?

With automatic transition you can configure conditions to be different in each case, and you would not have to worry about preconditions in the next state.

• Have you considered the option to use automatic transition based on conditions rather than manual transition combined with preconditions?

With automatic transition you can configure conditions to be different in each case, and you would not have to worry about preconditions in the next state.

Children
No Data