Label for Property Definition columns in Views

As you know, in the Metadata Card Configuration, you can specify how a Property Definition 'appears' on the metadata card by specifying the label.

This is very useful to be able to use the same PD in different classes/objects but in different contexts.

It's a real shame though that we cannot also do the same thing for Views, because when you use a PD with a labelled name in its metadata card, the property still appears in its original PD name on the column in the View.

Has anyone come across a way to get around this? (without having to rename the PD in Admin).

Is this something that M-F have considered as an improvement suggestion?

Patrick.

Parents
  • Metadata card configuration rules only apply when the metadata card is displayed. If you need the name of the property to be different in other contexts, I think you'll need to rename the property. That might sometimes be the best way forward also to avoid any confusion in future maintenance ("Why can't I find this property called X in my list of property definitions?") I don't believe there are any product changes planned in this area.

• Metadata card configuration rules only apply when the metadata card is displayed. If you need the name of the property to be different in other contexts, I think you'll need to rename the property. That might sometimes be the best way forward also to avoid any confusion in future maintenance ("Why can't I find this property called X in my list of property definitions?") I don't believe there are any product changes planned in this area.

Children