Is it possible to pin a document class that does NOT have a template

Hello,

I know that I can pin any templates so I can create a new document of a specific class quickly and easy.

But I want to pin a document class that DOES NOT have an associated template. Is this possible?

At least from what I can see it does not appear possible - but maybe I am wrong.

Thank you.

Patrick.

Parents
  • You want to create a shortcut that starts the object-creation process, with a class pre-selected, but without a template?  I don't think that's directly possible.

If you're happy with the option appearing somewhere other than the pinboard then I guess there's a couple of things to mention...

• "Object Creator" - part of the Compliance Kit - may do some of it, but the purpose really is to create an object with a link to the one that's selected.  I don't think you can do it without a "source" object.
    • It could be done using the User Interface Extensibility Framework, but the command would not appear in the pinboard.
  • You want to create a shortcut that starts the object-creation process, with a class pre-selected, but without a template?  I don't think that's directly possible.

If you're happy with the option appearing somewhere other than the pinboard then I guess there's a couple of things to mention...

• "Object Creator" - part of the Compliance Kit - may do some of it, but the purpose really is to create an object with a link to the one that's selected.  I don't think you can do it without a "source" object.
    • It could be done using the User Interface Extensibility Framework, but the command would not appear in the pinboard.
Children