Clearing labels from all previous versions

Hello everyone who sees the question.

I am wondering if it is technically possible to somehow make all labels disappear from previous revisions when document is being approved with next revision (not pressing the button manually in document's history). So in detail my idea looks like this:

Document is created and passes through all the workflow stages, gets Revision A and Label "Latest approved version". View is set in a way, that it looks in all versions and returns documents only labelled "Latest approved version" - in this case even if the document is taken by someone for modification, other employees involved into the process will see only last approved version in PDF.

So I set property "Version stamp" thorugh Actions tab in the final workflow state, so when document reached it - stamp is applied. BUT I only want it on the latest versions, so all previous ones should be removed. Like if the document is revision B now, this label applies to it and "disappears" from revision A. I tried to create VBSscript for that, but since I am not very experieneced in this, I am sure it is not working as intended or someone might know easier ways how to achieve what I want :) 

Parents
  • For the use case of "employees should only see the latest approved version in PDF" you could consider using the Version Control Lite add-on module: with this module you have a working copy that you edit (access restricted to the document authors) and a separate published version, usually as PDF, with wider access rights. The working copy can be edited without it affecting the published version until the new revision has been approved for publishing. I think this would help in your case without needing some tricks with the version labels.

Read more here: Compliance Kit - Version Control Lite Module - Functional Description

If you are interested, I suggest talking to your M-Files representative and checking if your subscription already includes this add-on.

• Hello Joonas, thank you, I have just checked, unfortunately this module is not included and I doubt that it is possible to get extra funding to upgrade it, but of course just in case I would ask for that from the manager. 

But in case it is not possible to get the add-on, do you have in mind the solution for my initial question? I want to believe that if there is a manual button to "clear this version label from the other versions of the object", in theory it can be activated automatically Thinking

• Unfortunately I don't think there's any automation like that built into M-Files. Perhaps possible as a custom extension but that requires some development effort and feasibility would need to be confirmed separately. That custom development requires funding also and I'd recommend to consider using the official add-on which handles the use case in a nice way.

• Okay, I see. Probably my development skills are not yet too high to perform this operation. 

Technically now the functionality I am talking about set in a way, that there is a view set to show approved revision (WF status in filter) and look in all versions. So it addresses the last approved PDF and if it is with a small blue icon, then it means document is being under different state currently. 

But as you can see there is one Obsolete, which should not be in this view, but as we have that filter set, M-Files refers to the previous approved revision and still shows this obsolete one Disappointed

• Okay, I see. Probably my development skills are not yet too high to perform this operation. 

Technically now the functionality I am talking about set in a way, that there is a view set to show approved revision (WF status in filter) and look in all versions. So it addresses the last approved PDF and if it is with a small blue icon, then it means document is being under different state currently. 

But as you can see there is one Obsolete, which should not be in this view, but as we have that filter set, M-Files refers to the previous approved revision and still shows this obsolete one Disappointed

Children
No Data