This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Validating a value list entry

Hello helpful community 
Good day to you :) 

I have faced an error that i don't exactly know how to solve it, if anyone would give me a tip I would be very thankful :) 

I have here a class called "Progress notes" This class has multiple properties. the important once are [Entry Type, Late Entry days, Late Entry reason]

Now, the late entry date is getting calculated automatically using this code:

Dim oCreatedUtc : oCreatedUtc = PropertyValues.SearchForProperty(20).TypedValue.Value
Dim oEnteredUtc : oEnteredUtc = PropertyValues.SearchForProperty(1071).TypedValue.Value
Output = DateDiff("d",oEnteredUtc,oCreatedUtc)

Now, what i wanted to do as well is to make the "Entry Type" be "Late Entry" if the "Late Entry Days" is bigger than one.

So, if the user put "Addendum" I will throw an error and prevent him from saving the changes.

Thus, i tried to add this code in the "Entry Type" property as a validation:

Dim PropertyValues : Set PropertyValues = Vault.ObjectPropertyOperations.GetProperties(ObjVer)
Dim dayscount : dayscount = PropertyValues.SearchForProperty(4868).TypedValue.Value
'Dim EntryType : EntryType = PropertyValues.SearchForProperty(5510).TypedValue.Value

if dayscount > 0 and (PropertyValue.TypedValue.DisplayValue) <> "Late Entry" Then
	Err.Raise mfscriptcancel , "Entry Type must be "Late Entry Type" " & vbCrLf & "Please change the Entry Type to save the process"
end if

But i keep getting this error:

Note that this code worked when i applied it to the property "Late Entry Reason" where i put this code as validation and it works:

Dim PropertyValues : Set PropertyValues = Vault.ObjectPropertyOperations.GetProperties(ObjVer)
Dim oCreatedUtc : oCreatedUtc = PropertyValues.SearchForProperty(20).TypedValue.Value
Dim oEnteredUtc : oEnteredUtc = PropertyValues.SearchForProperty(1071).TypedValue.Value

if DateDiff("d",oEnteredUtc,oCreatedUtc) > 0 and Len(PropertyValue.TypedValue.DisplayValue) < 20 then
	Err.Raise mfscriptcancel , "You need to provide reason for late entry! " & vbCrLf & "Reason for Late Entry should have minimum of 20 characters."
end if

But why it is not working the same way in "Entry Type"? Am I missing something somewhere? Is it because Entry type is a list not a normal text?

Thank you in advance for your efforts and response :) 

Parents
  • Hi ,

this is how we solve these kinds of issues using our VAF - Extension Kit. Using the Validation module you can set up Validation warning errors with custom messages and no VB scripts. The configuration for your case looks like this:

Validation rules can be chained with AND/OR operator so all properties condition must be satisfied or at least one. When conditions aren't satisfied Object isn't checked in and you get a warning message.

• Hi ,

this is how we solve these kinds of issues using our VAF - Extension Kit. Using the Validation module you can set up Validation warning errors with custom messages and no VB scripts. The configuration for your case looks like this:

Validation rules can be chained with AND/OR operator so all properties condition must be satisfied or at least one. When conditions aren't satisfied Object isn't checked in and you get a warning message.

Children