This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Creating new object without supplying all required fields.

Is there a way, using the COM API, to create a new object that has required properties without supplying them (other than the name or title)?

Parents
  • The COM API will not allow you to create an object without the properties which are defined on the class as mandatory.

If the properties are defined via MDCC rules then it will allow it.

The only exception I can recall is when creating templates (Is Template = Yes).  Templates do not need to have the mandatory properties added.  I would assume (but have not checked) that the COM API is clever enough to fail if you create an object as a template, then attempt to remove the template flag.

• The COM API will not allow you to create an object without the properties which are defined on the class as mandatory.

If the properties are defined via MDCC rules then it will allow it.

The only exception I can recall is when creating templates (Is Template = Yes).  Templates do not need to have the mandatory properties added.  I would assume (but have not checked) that the COM API is clever enough to fail if you create an object as a template, then attempt to remove the template flag.

Children
No Data