This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Creating new object without supplying all required fields.

Is there a way, using the COM API, to create a new object that has required properties without supplying them (other than the name or title)?

Parents
  • I haven't tested this myself, so I'm just basing this off the description of the setting.  But if you go to Advanced Vault Settings > Configuration > Properties > Required Properties, there is a configuration item called "Allow Empty Values with API Calls". It's no by default, so maybe try setting it to yes? But it does look like a global setting, so I'm guessing if you allow it you'll be allowing it for every object type and every API app.

• I haven't tested this myself, so I'm just basing this off the description of the setting.  But if you go to Advanced Vault Settings > Configuration > Properties > Required Properties, there is a configuration item called "Allow Empty Values with API Calls". It's no by default, so maybe try setting it to yes? But it does look like a global setting, so I'm guessing if you allow it you'll be allowing it for every object type and every API app.

Children
  • Aha, I forgot about this!  I believe that it was added to assist smart migration.

That said: I would be relatively worried about turning this on globally.  With this off (the default) M-Files objects should be relatively consistent (properties that are mandatory will have values).  With this turned off you may inadvertently cause other related issues (e.g. scripts that expect properties to have values that now do not).  Turn it on with caution.