The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

Version Control Lite - Ask user to create new version when drag and drop document

Hi Craig,

I am looking at possibly extending the functionality in the Version Control Lite module of the Compliance Kit by building a VAF/UIX application. I am specifically looking to somehow prompt the user if they want to “Create a New Version” if that user attempts to drag and drop a file onto a controlled document in the released/published workflow state. We are trying to avoid the need for the user to create a new version of the document first before dragging and dropping a file onto the document. If this is something that is feasible in your mind, I would appreciate a quick overview of how I would build that so I am not spinning my wheels for too long. 

thanks,

Jack Dawson

Parents Reply
  • What if I were to trigger my code from a BeforeFileUpload event? I was thinking that my code could validate some properties to confirm that the document is a "controlled document" and then send a prompt to the user asking if they want to "create a new version" to which the user can say yes or no. If they say yes, then it would move the document to a new workflow state and then complete the file upload. Does this sound like a workable solution?

Children