The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

Version Control Lite - Ask user to create new version when drag and drop document

Hi Craig,

I am looking at possibly extending the functionality in the Version Control Lite module of the Compliance Kit by building a VAF/UIX application. I am specifically looking to somehow prompt the user if they want to “Create a New Version” if that user attempts to drag and drop a file onto a controlled document in the released/published workflow state. We are trying to avoid the need for the user to create a new version of the document first before dragging and dropping a file onto the document. If this is something that is feasible in your mind, I would appreciate a quick overview of how I would build that so I am not spinning my wheels for too long. 

thanks,

Jack Dawson

Parents Reply
  • From a server perspective, the server/VAF don't understand that a document was dragged onto an existing document.  The events that are raised simply indicate that the object was updated.  That update could have come from an API call, the object being checked out/in, etc.

I don't think that an explicit event is fired for this in the UIX either; the only hits related to dragging/dropping in the documentation refer to events inside dashboards, not in listings.

Children