Version Control Lite - Ask user to create new version when drag and drop document

Hi Craig,

I am looking at possibly extending the functionality in the Version Control Lite module of the Compliance Kit by building a VAF/UIX application. I am specifically looking to somehow prompt the user if they want to “Create a New Version” if that user attempts to drag and drop a file onto a controlled document in the released/published workflow state. We are trying to avoid the need for the user to create a new version of the document first before dragging and dropping a file onto the document. If this is something that is feasible in your mind, I would appreciate a quick overview of how I would build that so I am not spinning my wheels for too long. 

thanks,

Jack Dawson

Parents Reply
  • Craig,

I have been able to get a lot of this functionality working through UIX by using the OnAddObjectFile event which is passed an objVer object as a parameter. I used the ConfirmWorkflowStateChange sample in GitHub as the starting point and registered the OnAddObjectFile event. Since this event fires before the actual add object file operation is successfully completed, is it possible/acceptable to check-out the document, modify the workflow state, and check the document back in before returning true to allow the file upload to complete?

Children