How to search unmanaged object by using Property ?

I want to search and collect some unmanaged objects based on their names and promote them into managed objects, I have tried many things but no luck.

Could someone please help on this ?

My search logic is like below

SearchConditions searchCondtions = new SearchConditions();
SearchCondition searchCondtion = new SearchCondition();
searchCondtion.ConditionType = MFConditionType.MFConditionTypeEqual;
searchCondtion.Expression.SetStatusValueExpression(MFStatusType.MFStatusTypeObjectTypeID, null);
searchCondtion.TypedValue.SetValue(MFDataType.MFDatatypeLookup, 0);

searchCondtion = new SearchCondition();
searchCondtion.ConditionType = MFConditionType.MFConditionTypeEqual;
searchCondtion.Expression.SetPropertyValueExpression(0, MFParentChildBehavior.MFParentChildBehaviorNone );
searchCondtion.TypedValue.SetValue(MFDataType.MFDatatypeText, "FileName");
searchCondtions.Add(1, searchCondtion);

var result = Vault.ObjectSearchOperations
.SearchForObjectsByConditions(searchCondtions, MFSearchFlags.MFSearchFlagIncludeUnmanagedObjects, true)
.Cast<ObjectVersion>()
.FirstOrDefault();

Parents Reply Children
  • it works now but still I am unable to filter the objects based on the Name or Title property. Is this also expected?

• Unmanaged objects are available in the full-text search index, but they aren't objects in the vault database and so don't have properties that you can query.

Unmanaged objects do not have properties.  They are only available in the full-text search index.

• Hi, The below condition works fine but

var condition = new SearchCondition();
    condition.Expression.SetPropertyValueExpression((int)MFBuiltInPropertyDef.MFBuiltInPropertyDefRepository, MFParentChildBehavior.MFParentChildBehaviorNone);
    condition.ConditionType = MFConditionType.MFConditionTypeEqual;
    var lookup = new Lookup();
    lookup.ExternalRepositoryName = "90bb252efa09494b8662332ba5d49d77"; // The connection ID, shown in the configuration.
    condition.TypedValue.SetValue(MFDataType.MFDatatypeLookup, lookup);
    searchConditions.Add(-1, condition);

Similiarly I need to add a condtion with MFBuiltInPropertyDefCreatedFromExternalLocation ( could not find out what the value and where to get to supply here)

Please see the image below I need to find this document based on the location or IML FIle Path and then I need to promote it 

Could you please suggest an approach ?

Thank you very much for your answers