The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

List of Users Who've Never Logged In?

[Background:  I'm the System Admin for M-Files QMS and all my users are using Web Client only, while I use Desktop Client and Admin Tool.]

I know I can use Admin Tool to get a list of users who are currently logged in.  My CEO would like to know how many folks are NOT using the system so we can judge system acceptance.  Is there any way to generate a report that lists every registered user who has NOT logged onto the system?

Parents
  • Not directly, there are a couple of ways I can think of but they require a bit of work.

Logins are recorded to the vault event log, so one way would be to get the login events in the log, a list of the vault users and then compare these to find out users who have never logged in. You can use the Log Exporter module to export the event log to disk and then use these log files to create your report in some reporting tool.

Another option, if the system has not yet gone live, might be to create an event handler that would record the logins somewhere, for instance in a hidden property on the Person object in the QMS vault if each user has such an object. The event handler would just increment a counter for each login and then you could search for these Person objects where the value is 0 to find out the users who have not ever logged in. This approach would require a bit of scripting/coding skills to implement the event handler and not sure if this is useful if your system is already live as past logins would be ignored.
  • Not directly, there are a couple of ways I can think of but they require a bit of work.

Logins are recorded to the vault event log, so one way would be to get the login events in the log, a list of the vault users and then compare these to find out users who have never logged in. You can use the Log Exporter module to export the event log to disk and then use these log files to create your report in some reporting tool.

Another option, if the system has not yet gone live, might be to create an event handler that would record the logins somewhere, for instance in a hidden property on the Person object in the QMS vault if each user has such an object. The event handler would just increment a counter for each login and then you could search for these Person objects where the value is 0 to find out the users who have not ever logged in. This approach would require a bit of scripting/coding skills to implement the event handler and not sure if this is useful if your system is already live as past logins would be ignored.
Children
No Data