The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Detail Listings - Reference Direction

There is a problem regarding reference adress which is always set to "to" even if I set it to "from" (In grouping level options) after I reopened the dialog the value changed to "to" again..

This means I can see Objects which the host Object refers to but no objects which refers to the host Object..

Parents
  • Hi again,

is it unclear what I'm trying to achieve? Should I explain further or with screenshots?

Maybe I don't exactly understand how these detail listings work and maybe this is intended behaviour but would be good to know as I think this is not documented..

In short: How to show Objects which refer to the Main Object? Other direction works!

Best Regards

• Hi sweise

I have a working setup with this function and have not had any problems with it.
    You need to have a property on the Main Object that lists the objects you want to show in your view, and then use that property in your grouping configuration.

In my use case the main object is sort of a machine that has been build of a number of parts. There a lot of generic documents including type approvals, drawings, manuals (the same document is used on every machine of the same type), and a lot of specific documents like test and inspection certificates on each part. Obviously, the specific documents have a relation To the machine, but for the generic documents it is the other way around. Each new machine has a relation From the machine to the document. And those documents are listed in the property which I then use for grouping. So in the grouping configuration I specified the machine in Group by, and Property is the property with the list of documents with relations From the machine. Reference direction is From machine.

Did that help you?

• Hi sweise

I have a working setup with this function and have not had any problems with it.
    You need to have a property on the Main Object that lists the objects you want to show in your view, and then use that property in your grouping configuration.

In my use case the main object is sort of a machine that has been build of a number of parts. There a lot of generic documents including type approvals, drawings, manuals (the same document is used on every machine of the same type), and a lot of specific documents like test and inspection certificates on each part. Obviously, the specific documents have a relation To the machine, but for the generic documents it is the other way around. Each new machine has a relation From the machine to the document. And those documents are listed in the property which I then use for grouping. So in the grouping configuration I specified the machine in Group by, and Property is the property with the list of documents with relations From the machine. Reference direction is From machine.

Did that help you?

Children