This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Traditional Folder - Disappeared

Hi Everyone!

So I have a user that used to have access to a traditional folder but no longer has access to that folder in that it is "hidden" in the main window. Kind of like a view that is hidden. However, I am not sure if there is a way to "un"hide that folder? The user has the correct permissions and all other users can still see the folder. Any suggestions?

Parents
  • One more thing to check, as I too experienced this for one of my customer vaults. For me, it turns out that the customer had a View with an identical name as the Root Traditional Folder. Once I renamed the View to something different for that user, the Traditional Folder could properly be displayed again. I think the issue is that for desktop, Views and Root Traditional Folders all show in the Drive Mapping for your vault at the same level and Windows does not allow Identical names for any given level in the hierarchical display.

Of note, it always worked in the Web for my customer because the URL used the GUID for the Traditional Folder portion instead of its Name.

• One more thing to check, as I too experienced this for one of my customer vaults. For me, it turns out that the customer had a View with an identical name as the Root Traditional Folder. Once I renamed the View to something different for that user, the Traditional Folder could properly be displayed again. I think the issue is that for desktop, Views and Root Traditional Folders all show in the Drive Mapping for your vault at the same level and Windows does not allow Identical names for any given level in the hierarchical display.

Of note, it always worked in the Web for my customer because the URL used the GUID for the Traditional Folder portion instead of its Name.

Children
No Data