Disable Desktop Client Survey Question

I just received a pop-up 'How useful is M-Files' survey in the new M-Files desktop interface.  My users should not be asked to rate M-Files.  How can I turn this off for our environment?

Thank you,

Heather Kent

Parents
  • Hi Heather,

We understand your preferences and we're sorry for any inconvenience you might feel. The feature for in-app user queries is currently designed to remain active for all users. This aspect is primarily intended to give us a more profound insight into how we can serve you and your users better.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and your users', as it forms a crucial part of our ongoing mission to enhance our platform. It helps us pinpoint our strong points as well as those areas we need to focus on for improvement.

We deeply value your experience with our platform and your insights help us create a more streamlined and productive journey for everyone involved. Thank you for your understanding and your continued support. 

To learn more, we created a post explaining more details on how it works here: (+) New: In-App User Satisfaction Measurement - Product News - News & Announcements - M-Files Community

• Forcing a survey onto users, who are simply trying to perform their daily tasks, is not only annoying, but it will only lead to bad data.  This is a tool, which we pay for.  We will provide feedback as necessary.  Being forced to deal with a pop-up for a paid application is unacceptable.

• Can we speak to the manager of whomever made this choice? Currently the thinking is we should be voting unsatisfied simply because of this. As mentioned above, unacceptable

• Hi d.dear, Heather,

thank you for voicing your concerns regarding the inclusion of the user satisfaction query in our product. We appreciate your feedback, and we understand that you may find it annoying for your users. Allow us to address your concerns and shed light on the purpose behind this feature.

The user satisfaction query serves as a valuable tool for us to gather feedback and measure customer satisfaction levels. It provides us with insights that help us make informed decisions and enhance the overall user experience. By asking for your users' opinion, we can understand their needs better and tailor our product to meet those requirements effectively.

We also have a dedicated team ensuring the quality of response data and any product improvement recommendations based on it. I have full trust in the capability of this team to interpret the user responses in a correct manner.

We apologize if the inclusion of the query has caused any inconvenience. However, we firmly believe that gathering feedback is vital for us to continuously improve our product and ensure customer satisfaction. We are committed to striking a balance between collecting valuable insights and maintaining a positive user experience. 

We value your relationship with M-Files highly and understand that your users' experience is of utmost importance. We will also be actively further developing the methods to gather feedback that would be less intrusive and disruptive. Our aim is to find a solution that meets both our needs and the comfort of your users.

Kind regards,

Antti Kujala

Vice President, Design & Product Management

• This forced survey is causing productivity disruption to our users. The survey continues to prompt for a reply multiple times even when responded to already. I have several on-premises government customers that require ZERO outbound activity. 

Perhaps I should just instruct them to reply with 1's every time it comes back with the hope that if you can't trust the results of a forced survey there might be hope you will pursue other options to acquire more reliable feedback that truly addresses end user needs.

As a producing partner of M-Files, I would have thought a good first step might be reaching out to your partner group for relayed customer feedback. We already have a trusted relationship with the end users and they freely share with us their likes and dislikes about the product already. 

I fail to understand how this question satisfies your goal of understanding their needs. The question posed is 'How useful is M-Files Desktop to you?'. They already own and use the software, so it must be deemed useful enough. 

This question does not address any needs and is additionally presented to M-Files Web users whose response wouldn't even apply to the question posed. When the four week period ends, and your average response is perhaps 8.3, what actions related to M-Files Desktop will you be directed to implement based upon the result?

As there is no means of disabling this disruptive 'feature', may I copy and use your reply as a response to the multiple requests I am getting for a way to turn this feature off?

Respectfully and fully committed to M-Files,

Greg Borth 
    Chief Solutions Engineer and Managing Partner
    Solution Bench, LLC

• We use various types of software where I work, many of them ask for survey's to get data. All of them provide a way to opt without having a pop-up.

1) I am surprised that at European company can force it's end users to answer a survey. I would have thought this a violation GDRP compliance? We should at least be able to withdraw consent?

2) Where can we submit a request to have this 'feature' removed?

The fact that such a forward thinking company with excellent software is doing this type of thing is mind-boggling.

• We use various types of software where I work, many of them ask for survey's to get data. All of them provide a way to opt without having a pop-up.

1) I am surprised that at European company can force it's end users to answer a survey. I would have thought this a violation GDRP compliance? We should at least be able to withdraw consent?

2) Where can we submit a request to have this 'feature' removed?

The fact that such a forward thinking company with excellent software is doing this type of thing is mind-boggling.

Children
No Data