This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Disable Email Notification for Specific State in a Workflow

Hi everyone,
I would like to disable the assignment notification emails for specific states in a workflow, I’ve seen some posts regarding disabling for the entire vault, but my case is just disable for some states.

Looking forward

Parents Reply Children
  • Thank you for the clarification, I've already followed what you have mentioned and disabled "Assigned To" Built-in Rule from "Advanced Vault Settings" and then had to modify the Workflow State that I want the notification to be sent from Actions menu inside each State and then enable "Send notification" and define the recipients and write the message, but two issues arised here: 1. The message is limited to 1000 characters 2. Can't write HTML in contrary to "Email Templates" inside "Notification Templates" under Advanced Vault Settings.

• Actually you can write HTML based notifications in workflow config. There is no highlighting in editor but actually those HTML notifications are correctly rendered in e-mails

• If you mean the notification inside workflow Action; unfortunately its limited to 1000 chars and not accepting HTML.

But if you mean from the Advanced Vault Configuration, then that for the automatic assignment email and not for custom notifications inside the workflow.

• Hi, 

I was referring inside of workflow actions. We don't have long e-mails so potentially we have not experienced that limitation to 1000 characters.

You can write html based text there, here our example.

You are right it is not HTML editor it will not support highlighting but it would work actually and format your emails accordingly.

• Yes you are right, it accepts HTML, the only limitation is the 1000 char length.

Thank you.