The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Filtering Properties

Hello,

Can you please explain to me how to configure filtering of properties?

I have Object Type Customer, with a Sales Persons (multi-select) property.

When I create an object of type Documents, after I select de Customer, I want the Sales Person to list only those Sales Persons which are in the Customer Object.

I do not want to add on each Sales Person, a metadata to all the clients, because they have hundreds, maybe thousands of client.

Is there a way to filter them?

Regards,

Radu

Parents
  • Hello,

You can create a parent/child object and the property on metadata will filter by default, depending on what "Parent" property you chose.

For example:

make "Customer" parent of "Sales Person" property. In the value list of Customer, you can than add "sales persons" for each Customer. And when you select Customer 1 it will only show Sales Persons that are related to Customer 1.

Hope this is at least a little bit understandable and helpfull. If you need anything just ask.

Cheers Dejan

• Hello Dejan,

The Sales Person is getting information from Employee Objects.

I do not want to create multiple sub-objects with the same Sales Person, just to make a parent-child relation.

The only solution I found, is that if on Employee metadata card, I add the clients to which the Sales Person should have access, the filtering works.

• Yeah, I agree, that is true. That is an okay solution, to add clients to the employee metadata card. but I think it might be too heavy on maintenance in long term. 

Reply Children