This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Filtering Properties

Hello,

Can you please explain to me how to configure filtering of properties?

I have Object Type Customer, with a Sales Persons (multi-select) property.

When I create an object of type Documents, after I select de Customer, I want the Sales Person to list only those Sales Persons which are in the Customer Object.

I do not want to add on each Sales Person, a metadata to all the clients, because they have hundreds, maybe thousands of client.

Is there a way to filter them?

Regards,

Radu

Parents
  • Hello,

You can create a parent/child object and the property on metadata will filter by default, depending on what "Parent" property you chose.

For example:

make "Customer" parent of "Sales Person" property. In the value list of Customer, you can than add "sales persons" for each Customer. And when you select Customer 1 it will only show Sales Persons that are related to Customer 1.

Hope this is at least a little bit understandable and helpfull. If you need anything just ask.

Cheers Dejan

• Hello Dejan,

The Sales Person is getting information from Employee Objects.

I do not want to create multiple sub-objects with the same Sales Person, just to make a parent-child relation.

The only solution I found, is that if on Employee metadata card, I add the clients to which the Sales Person should have access, the filtering works.

• Hello Dejan,

The Sales Person is getting information from Employee Objects.

I do not want to create multiple sub-objects with the same Sales Person, just to make a parent-child relation.

The only solution I found, is that if on Employee metadata card, I add the clients to which the Sales Person should have access, the filtering works.

Children