The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dropdown list for property displays only first 50 values

Hi all

i found several older cases for this question but no solution.
My "wish" for a solution is to adjust the limit for a particular multiselect-property via Metadatacard-Configuration.

https://community.m-files.com/forums-1552881334/f/m-files-server-configuration/2678/dropdown-list-for-property-displays-only-first-50-values
https://community.m-files.com/forums-1552881334/f/m-files-server-configuration/2310/value-list-content---limitation-issue
>> Please contact our support for more info and reference to Tracker ID 61923.

Are there any news for that issue/feature?

Kind regards
Stefan

Parents
  • As stated in the cited old threads, the limitation is due to performance. I think there is yet another reason for this - the User Experience. It seems quite awkward if you have to choose between dozens or hundreds of options from a drop-down menu. Instead of increasing the number of visible items in the drop-down menu, the amazing built-in search and filter functionality could be used

• the good thing is that you can search in that drop-down and it would search not only in first 50 entries but inside all entries that are not shown there. So kind of good I would say as you do not need to show more than 50 entries.

• the good thing is that you can search in that drop-down and it would search not only in first 50 entries but inside all entries that are not shown there. So kind of good I would say as you do not need to show more than 50 entries.

Children
  • However, for me this is good, too.
    A customer requested this because of "mouse-only-users" ;)
    Joking aside, they want to scroll down a long account-plan where they want to see all accounts and however they not know what to search and just want to scroll down..