The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

M-FIles on Terminal Server - automatic start

Dear All,

We are using the M-Files on a Terminal Services environment. We have named and concurrent licenses too. My problem is when someone with concurrent license logs in to the Terminal Server, the M-Files automatically starts for him/her, and it locks one concurrent license, independently is he/she intend to use the M-Files or not.  Moreover, for the people doesn't have license at all, an error message pops up at every login, stating that they have no license associated.

I tried to cut off the M-Files from the auto-startup, however I faced search issues.

My question: how can I disable the M-Files auto-start? Can the launch of the MFStatus.exe and MFAUClient.exe delayed until someone really wants to use M-FIles? Or how can a regular user check who is logged in with concurrent license (and then ask him/her to log out)?

Peter