This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

M-FIles on Terminal Server - automatic start

Dear All,

We are using the M-Files on a Terminal Services environment. We have named and concurrent licenses too. My problem is when someone with concurrent license logs in to the Terminal Server, the M-Files automatically starts for him/her, and it locks one concurrent license, independently is he/she intend to use the M-Files or not.  Moreover, for the people doesn't have license at all, an error message pops up at every login, stating that they have no license associated.

I tried to cut off the M-Files from the auto-startup, however I faced search issues.

My question: how can I disable the M-Files auto-start? Can the launch of the MFStatus.exe and MFAUClient.exe delayed until someone really wants to use M-FIles? Or how can a regular user check who is logged in with concurrent license (and then ask him/her to log out)?

Peter

Parents
  • Have you checked that the vault connections are not set to automatically log into the vault at startup? Uncheck that option from the vault connections if it's currently selected. I believe the license is reserved only when the user logs into the vault, not when M-Files services are started in Windows.

• Have you checked that the vault connections are not set to automatically log into the vault at startup? Uncheck that option from the vault connections if it's currently selected. I believe the license is reserved only when the user logs into the vault, not when M-Files services are started in Windows.

Children