Filter drop-downs based on class where it is used

Hi M-Files, 

I have potential use case where I have object type filled from the central database containing the set of values.

For specific classes however, I would need to show only a sub-set of those values.

Is there an option to filter it dynamically based where the built-in drop-down is used (e.g. based on the class)? Someone mentioned once Property Configurator, that it could use to filter dynamically drop-downs. I don't see it in M-Files catalog however.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Dejan

Parents
  • You might consider making the value list a sub list of Class. Class is basically  a built in value list, and it is possible to configure other value lists as sub lists to Class. This way you can then specify the relevant options for each class in the sub list.

• Hi  - can you explain further about this use case?

I have created an Object called "Content Category" and the content of that object is a list (Photos, Videos, Logos, Other Digital Assets, Presentations, Documents).  What I'm trying to achieve is

• Choose Class = Marketing Document then Content Category property is filtered to only show:
      • Documents
      • Presentations
    • Choose Class = Digital Assets then Content Category property is filtered to only show:
      • Photos
      • Videos
      • Logos
      • Other Digital Assets

I have tried making "Content Category" a subtype of "Class". 

Then I get stuck.  In the Desktop client, I go to the Objects for Content Category.  For example, I choose the Content Category of "Documents" and there is now an additional property on the metadata card called Owner (Class)*, however the only option I get when I drop down the list is the Class = Content Category, not "Marketing Documents".

Am I missing something?  Appreciate any assitance you can offer.

Kind regards,
    Sarah

• Hi  - can you explain further about this use case?

I have created an Object called "Content Category" and the content of that object is a list (Photos, Videos, Logos, Other Digital Assets, Presentations, Documents).  What I'm trying to achieve is

• Choose Class = Marketing Document then Content Category property is filtered to only show:
      • Documents
      • Presentations
    • Choose Class = Digital Assets then Content Category property is filtered to only show:
      • Photos
      • Videos
      • Logos
      • Other Digital Assets

I have tried making "Content Category" a subtype of "Class". 

Then I get stuck.  In the Desktop client, I go to the Objects for Content Category.  For example, I choose the Content Category of "Documents" and there is now an additional property on the metadata card called Owner (Class)*, however the only option I get when I drop down the list is the Class = Content Category, not "Marketing Documents".

Am I missing something?  Appreciate any assitance you can offer.

Kind regards,
    Sarah

Children