This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Radio button and Checkbox for Metadata Cards

Dear Team

Is it possible to have a radio button or checkbox in the M-Files Metadata card. Also will it be possible to build column like in excel in the metadata card.

For Eg. I would like to have First Name __________   Last Name ________ 

instead of

First Name___________

Last Name___________

Parents
  • Radio buttons and checkboxes can be used for single-select and multi-select properties, respectively, with metadata card configuration.

Metadata card configuration:

Result:

Displaying properties side by side is not currently supported, they are always listed on top of each other.

• Dear Joonas

Many thanks, I am trying to do something like a table below in the metadata card; what will be the best possible way

If I add a check box I am not getting the desired output (display below) I should get options as ok and not ok?

Also which way would be best to create this table, should i make Test column as a value list or Server 1,2,3 as value list. What do you suggest. I dont want a long metadata card, as short as possible (if possible)

Thanks for your usual support.

• Is that a Boolean property? I think you need to use the radio button control to see two options on the metadata card. With checkbox control there's only one checkbox ("true" when checked and "false" when unchecked).

Column layouts are not possible unfortunately.

• Yes I have made it a boolean vaule. Basically how can I multi select in radio buttons. It will choose only one value. I want to select two values which are ok and not ok (in checkbox format)

I am not looking for a column layout, I am looking for the best possible way to display that column. Any suggestions, I am worried if I add each line the metadata card would be too long. Appreciate your usual support and prompt response. Thank you

• So the users should be able to select both "Ok" and "Not ok" at the same time? This doesn't sound very logical to me, but if that's what you want to achieve then I think you need to create a value list with values "Ok" and "Not ok" and use that value list in a multi-select property. So it cannot be a Boolean property, which is always either true or false (cannot be both at the same time).

• No I think I explained it wrong. If you look at the table, there are three tests for servers 1, 2 and 3. So test 1 is ok for Server 1 but test 2 and 3 are not ok for Server 1. 

Reply Children