This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

M-Files Configuration Frequency Interval

I am working on setting up something in my configuration that includes a RecurringOperationConfiguration

I have it working for schedule without any issue but when I try and lookup Interval it seems a bit vague and I don't really understand what the Time Value in the configuration is for.

It says it is configurable but I don't quite understand how to control the interval from the admin if it's giving me a Time Value. I've ready the following and haven't clued in on what I should be doing to allow the admin to decide what the interval should be/

https://developer.m-files.com/Frameworks/Vault-Application-Framework/Task-Queues/Recurring-Tasks/

What do I need to do for the admin to be able to set something like run every 2 hours?

Parents
  • Hi,

The editor seems to render differently depending on...  Something.  Possibly your local PC settings.  In a lot of systems it renders as a 24-hour clock (which then makes more sense as an interval), but when it renders as an AM/PM time it's awkward.

In your instance "every two hours" would be "2am".  Every 14 hours would be "2pm".  As I said: awkward.

This hasn't come up as a significant issue thus far, but I will raise it with the VAF/configuration-editor team at some point to see whether there's a way we can force it to always be in 24-hour mode.

Regards,

Craig.

• That is what we figured but additionally you cannot enter a 0 for the first hour so you cannot set an interval less than 1 hour with this issue.

• If you place the cursor in the hour section and type "00", does it not move you to the minute section?

Reply Children