This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Automatic Comment pop-up window state change suppression

Just throwing this out there, is there any option to suppress the comment dialogue box when a user changes state?

I know that the comment box is automatic, and I personally don't mind clicking okay and not entering a comment with a state change, but I do have some colleagues who are currently processing 15,000 applications through M-Files in the next 3 months, so they're finding the extra click tedious.

I'm not aware of a way to suppress comments on a state change within a specific workflow?

Parents

• You can configure the comment popup behavior with the following registry setting on the client computer. This will affect all workflows in all vaults on that computer.

Registry Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Motive\M-Files\\Client\MFShell\
    Value name: ShowChangeStateUI
    Value type: REG_DWORD (DWORD 32-bit Value)
    Value data:
    0 = disabled (comment dialog never shown)
    1 = enabled everywhere (common dialog always shown) (DEFAULT)
    2 = the traditional/legacy way (dialog shown when performing state transition from task pane, not from metadata card)
    3 = opposite of 2 (dialog shown when performing state transition from metadata card, not from task pane)

Joonas, I read with great interest this comment of yours and would like to expound on it because it just might be something I was led to believe wasn't possible. On all our workflows (my users only use Web Client), when a user approves an assignment there are two comment boxes that present. The first one is the one we've been instructed to "ignore" [which users think is poor implementation] and the second one is the "actual" comment box where the user enters their password to lock in their approval.

Do your registry instructions above remove that first comment box? My configuration contacts at M-Files have told me this was not possible, so if your instructions work, I'd be very happy.

• You can configure the comment popup behavior with the following registry setting on the client computer. This will affect all workflows in all vaults on that computer.

Registry Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Motive\M-Files\\Client\MFShell\
    Value name: ShowChangeStateUI
    Value type: REG_DWORD (DWORD 32-bit Value)
    Value data:
    0 = disabled (comment dialog never shown)
    1 = enabled everywhere (common dialog always shown) (DEFAULT)
    2 = the traditional/legacy way (dialog shown when performing state transition from task pane, not from metadata card)
    3 = opposite of 2 (dialog shown when performing state transition from metadata card, not from task pane)

Joonas, I read with great interest this comment of yours and would like to expound on it because it just might be something I was led to believe wasn't possible. On all our workflows (my users only use Web Client), when a user approves an assignment there are two comment boxes that present. The first one is the one we've been instructed to "ignore" [which users think is poor implementation] and the second one is the "actual" comment box where the user enters their password to lock in their approval.

Do your registry instructions above remove that first comment box? My configuration contacts at M-Files have told me this was not possible, so if your instructions work, I'd be very happy.

Children
No Data