This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Objects deleted using REST API not visible via Deleter = Yes filter

Hello devs and M-Files users,

I have made an app, which deletes (not destroys) objects based on some criteria.

The problem now is, that it is not possible to find the deleted objects using a filter with Deleted = Yes criterion.

I can however see deleted objects from the past. Just the recent ones are not visible.
I am using an admin M-FIles account to view the objects in M-Files Client.

Do you know where could be the problem?

Is it possible to recover them somehow?

Thank you for your time and effort!
Marián Baňas

Parents
  • When I search for the deleted object by it's name, it becomes magically visible. Once i refresh the filter, it disappears.
    Also if I list through the pages of the filter (1-500) -> (501-100) and so on, the recently deleted objects can be found.

This is still strange, because they should be displayed starting from the first page, since they were deleted most recently.

• I don't think you can count on M-Files to always show the most recent objects first. Column sorting only works on the list  in the current page. It does not sort all results before paging.

Reply Children
  • Hello bright-ideas.dk,

thank you for your answer, however if that is the case, then I think it is quite impractical.

• Agreed, but it is not something we can change. We have to understand how it works and then make the best of it.

If the system should perform a sorting operation on all items in a result list before presenting anything to the user then that would add a lot of delay in large vaults where the list may include hundred thousands of items. In a small vault you probably would not notice the difference, but M-Files is built to also being capable and functional in large vaults.