This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Using Azure AD OAuth credentials in M-Files Desktop Client

Hello,

Anyone here configured Azure AD OAuth?
I have configured one of the vaults to use Azure AD as a login. It works on the Web and in MS Teams integration as expected.
but on the client setup in MFiles Desktop Settings, I still need to enter an M-Files Login itself, the vaults will appear.
when accessing the Vault, It was only then the Azure Login prompt window appears to ask for the credentials then I can now open the vault that shows my Azure user as currently logged in.

My question is how do I configure the access to the vault via client without having to enter the M-Files Login credentials on the setup.
It should be directly asking for the Azure login and no need for M-Files credentials.

Appreciate your help on this.
Thank you!

• I see you have specified M-Files user as the authentication type for the vault connection. What have you set as the Azure AD configuration's scope? Does the scope also cover M-Files accounts, or is it used only with Windows accounts?

If the scope is specified to include only at Windows users, then changing the authentication type in the vault connection settings to "Specific Windows user" should help.

• Hi, just followed the configuration setup from CONFIGURING OpenID CONNECT / OAUTH 2.0 FOR M-FILES AUTHENTICATION
    where I used Scope key (*) that tells this key covers all domains and login account types so I'm assuming M-Files accounts are included.

Not like before, I can now use Specific windows User after configuring the Federated authentication via registry in Server Level setup. works fine.

Now my current concern is when I select M-Files User as login, the Azure Authentication still prompts and asks for my azure login instead of which it should only prompt the M-Files Login dialog.

I don't know if I missed or overdone some config but I think I covered it all depending on the guide.

Do I have to set up another Scope key that focuses on M-Files accounts aside from Scope Key(*)?

• You can set the scope to "*:Windows". That means all host names used to connect to M-Files will be directed to your configuration, but the configuration will be applied only to Windows accounts. M-Files accounts would then use normal authentication.