This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Using Azure AD OAuth credentials in M-Files Desktop Client

Hello,

Anyone here configured Azure AD OAuth?
I have configured one of the vaults to use Azure AD as a login. It works on the Web and in MS Teams integration as expected.
but on the client setup in MFiles Desktop Settings, I still need to enter an M-Files Login itself, the vaults will appear.
when accessing the Vault, It was only then the Azure Login prompt window appears to ask for the credentials then I can now open the vault that shows my Azure user as currently logged in.

My question is how do I configure the access to the vault via client without having to enter the M-Files Login credentials on the setup.
It should be directly asking for the Azure login and no need for M-Files credentials.

Appreciate your help on this.
Thank you!

Parents
  • Hi, just followed the configuration setup from CONFIGURING OpenID CONNECT / OAUTH 2.0 FOR M-FILES AUTHENTICATION
    where I used Scope key (*) that tells this key covers all domains and login account types so I'm assuming M-Files accounts are included.

Not like before, I can now use Specific windows User after configuring the Federated authentication via registry in Server Level setup. works fine.

Now my current concern is when I select M-Files User as login, the Azure Authentication still prompts and asks for my azure login instead of which it should only prompt the M-Files Login dialog.

I don't know if I missed or overdone some config but I think I covered it all depending on the guide.

Do I have to set up another Scope key that focuses on M-Files accounts aside from Scope Key(*)?

• You can set the scope to "*:Windows". That means all host names used to connect to M-Files will be directed to your configuration, but the configuration will be applied only to Windows accounts. M-Files accounts would then use normal authentication.

• You can set the scope to "*:Windows". That means all host names used to connect to M-Files will be directed to your configuration, but the configuration will be applied only to Windows accounts. M-Files accounts would then use normal authentication.

Children
No Data