The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Workflow Assignments without email notifications

Hi,

I have a process that sends an assignment to an user every time a condition is reached.

What is happening is that some users have been overwhelmed with emails and asking if it's possible to assign them without sending the emails.

Assignments are always sending emails right?

Any ideas?

Many Thanks,

Nuno

Parents Reply Children
  • You cannot disable built-in notification for only one workflow, from what I know.

The option I can see here is to disable vault built-in notifications and create custom notifications based on "Assignment Classes" with Advanced Notifications (if you create separate assignements that are not part of an assignment workflow) or classic notifications using workflows (but you have to create an extra workflow for assignments), but this would be a very long and complicated task depending on the complexity of the vault.

Also for that specific  workflow where you don't want notifications, you have to create a new assignment class and not include them in any notification filters.

Maybe someone else sees this differently.

• Hi Radu,

Yes that's an option yes. I might re-think about the process and see if I can sort it another way before i go through this route.

Thank you so much for your inputs.

Regards,

Nuno