Privacy Notice for M-Files Community User register
Last updated: 29.1.2021
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy notice explains the personal data M-Files processes, how M-Files processes it, and for what purposes M-Files processes it in connection with your use of M-Files Community.
M-Files Oy (primary responsible party)
Hermia 12, Hermiankatu 1 B
33720 Tampere, Finland
and our group companies
(hereafter ”we” or “M-Files”)
- Contact information for register matters
Hermiankatu 1 B,
33720 Tampere, Finland
- Name of register
M-Files Community User register
- What is the purpose and legal basis of processing?
The purposes of processing your personal data are:
- Enabling you to register and create an account to M-Files Community and managing your account and your use of M-Files Community thereafter.
- Maintaining M-Files Community and user content therein, e.g. storing your posts and other content and making them publicly visible on M-Files Community.
- Communicating with you regarding M-Files Community and your use of it, e.g. sending you notices about M-Files Community, informing you of updates and new features to M-Files Community or other M-Files products and services, and communicating with you regarding administrative matters.
- Statistical analysis of the use M-Files Community.
- To enforce our legal rights and/or to comply with requirements of applicable laws.
The legal basis of our processing of personal data are (i) our legitimate interest and/or (ii) consent.
M-Files has a legitimate interest in processing your data for the purposes outlined above based on our commercial interest to provide M-Files Community to anyone who is interested in M-Files products and services. Whenever we rely on legitimate interests for processing, we ensure that we consider and balance our interests against the individual user's interests before processing. We do not use your personal data on the basis of legitimate interest for activities where your interests would override our interests.
Where your personal data is processed on the basis of your consent, you are explicitly asked to provide your consent for the processing when your personal data is collected and before any processing activity is performed on the data on the basis of your consent.
- What personal data do we process?
We may process the following personal data in connection with the M-Files Community User register:
- Mandatory profile information (has to be provided in order to register): Your M-Files Community username, first and last name, country, role and email address.
- Voluntary profile information (can be provided at the user's discretion), such as, but not limited to, your company (employer), job title, language, postal code, contact details (please note that any voluntary information you choose to submit will be publicly displayed).
- The content (e.g. posts, comments, information, pictures, sound, video, links, etc.) you publish on or submit to the M-Files Community (insofar as it includes personal data).
- Information submitted by the user on the basis of consent, such as, but not limited to, sign-ups to communications (e.g. M-Files' newsletter) through forms provided on M-Files Community website.
- Your communications with us, such as, but not limited to, your feedback regarding M-Files Community and communications relating to your account or other administrative matters (such as, but not limited to, account issues, copyright or abusive content issues and help regarding the use of M-Files Community).
- Technical data, such as, but not limited to, IP address, login data, traffic data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other information about how you accessed M-Files Community website.
- Website usage data, i.e. information on how you use M-Files Community website.
Like many other websites, M-Files Community utilizes "cookie" technology to provide the website and associated features to visitors and users. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your device's hard disk. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to understand how you interact with the website, to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic on the site, and to improve the site and related services. A session cookie enables certain features of the site and is deleted from your device when you disconnect from or leave the site. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit.
Find out more about the cookies used and manage your preferences from M-Files Community Cookie Notice.
For visitors and users accessing M-Files Community from outside the European Union, Mouseflow, a website analytics tool, is used to analyze the usage of the website. Mouseflow provides session replay, heatmaps, funnels, form analytics, feedback campaigns, and similar features/functionality. Mouseflow may record your clicks, mouse movements, scrolling, form fills (keystrokes) in non-excluded fields, pages visited and content, time on site, browser, operating system, device type (desktop/tablet/phone), screen resolution, visitor type (first time/returning), referrer, anonymized IP address, location (city/country), language, and similar meta data. Mouseflow does not collect any information on pages where it is not installed, nor does it track or collect information outside your web browser. If you'd like to opt-out, you can do so at https://mouseflow.com/opt-out. If you'd like to obtain a copy of your data, make a correction, or have it erased, please contact us first or, as a secondary option, contact Mouseflow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- From where do receive personal data?
We receive information directly from you when you register for M-Files Community (create an account) and from your posts, interactions and other actions on the M-Files Community website. Some of the information is automatically collected from the system and device you use to access the M-Files Community website and from your interactions with the website.
- To whom do we disclose personal data, and do we transfer personal data outside the EU or EEA?
Users of M-Files Community should be aware that any content they submit to M-Files Community will be displayed publicly on the website. Such data is not disclosed by M-Files to third parties except as explained below, but anyone with access to M-Files Community website is able to view all public posts and associated information users have submitted to M-Files Community.
We don’t disclose data from the register to external parties except we may disclose it to our subsidiaries and affiliates, or a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of M-Files' business and their advisors in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets, or in connection with bankruptcy proceedings, or other corporate reorganization. M-Files may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your personal data, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
We use subcontractors (personal data processors) who process personal data on our behalf to provide M-Files Community to you. Such subcontractors may process your personal data to provide their service to M-Files in order to allow us to provide M-Files Community for you use.
Any personal data you submit to us in connection with your registration and subsequent interactions in the M-Files Community will be stored and processed on server located in the EU. Your personal data may be transferred and processed outside the EU/EEA by our subsidiaries and affiliates, as well as by our subcontractors where such processing is necessary for us to provide M-Files Community for your use. When personal data is processed outside the EU/EEA, M-Files ensures that such processing and transfers are covered by the European Commission's Standard Contractual Clauses or other appropriate safeguards as described in Article 46 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
- How do we protect your personal data and for how long do we store it?
M-Files is committed to protecting your personal data. We have implemented safeguards including appropriate technologies, policies, and contractual arrangements, so that the data we have about you is protected from unauthorized access and improper use, and we will not keep your personal data for longer than necessary.
The personal data we collect is retained for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required by law, or we need it to protect our legal rights. Thereafter, the personal data will be deleted within a reasonable timeframe or rendered anonymous.
As long as you remain a user of M-Files Community (i.e. have a registered account), we will retain your personal data to enable you to use M-Files Community. If you decide to delete your M-Files Community user account, any personal data contained within your posts, interactions and other content made public on the M-Files Community will be retained by us and may remain displayed in the M-Files Community on the basis of our legitimate interest to preserve the public discussions and other interactions and submissions in M-Files Community for the benefit of all the Community members.
- What are your rights as a data subject?
You have the right to inspect the personal data stored in the register concerning yourself and the right to demand rectification or erasure of the inaccurate, outdated, unnecessary and unlawful data. If you have access to your data, you may edit the data yourself. Insofar as the processing is based on consent, you also have the right to withdraw or change your consent. Withdrawing your consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal of the consent.
You have the right to object or to demand restriction of the processing of your data and to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
On grounds relating to your particular situation you also have the right to object other processing activities when the legal basis of processing is legitimate interest. In connection with your request, you shall identify the specific situation, based on which you object to the processing. We can refuse the request of objection only on legal grounds.
- Children's privacy
M-Files Community is not directed to children and we do not intend to collect personal data from children. We ask you not to use M-Files Community and not to provide any information about yourself to us if you are below the age, defined in your jurisdiction, requiring parental consent or authorization for processing of personal data.
- Whom can you be in contact with?
All contacts and requests concerning this Privacy Notice should be sent to email@example.com or submitted in writing to the address mentioned in Section 2 "Contact information for register matters".